Thanks to Major Brian Retherford, Economics Instructor at the USMA at West Point for participating in the recent NGPF podcast show. Hat tip to my friend Todd Eichler who had heard Brian speak and thought he would be a great guest (and he was right!). Brian brings a wealth of perspectives to the topic; from his own entrepreneurial instincts honed at an early age to his current role of filling the financial knowledge and behavioral gaps of the future Army officer corps.
Listen to this podcast to hear Major Retherford provide answers to the following questions:
* What happens when you give juniors studying at the service academies and ROTC participants an opportunity to take out a $36,000 loan?
* What are the key investment lessons that we should be teaching young people?
* What are the blind spots that you see in your students and how do you address them?
Show Notes (resources mentioned by Major Retherford):
- Yahoo Finance
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- The Behavior Gap by Carl Richards
- NGPF Project: Build Your Portfolio (mentioned by Tim)