With Financial Literacy Month (#FLM2017, #FinLit, #afinlitfuture) right around the corner, we wanted to share with you our plans! NGPF has a full slate of activity planned for the month of April with contests, PD opportunities and resources that you won’t want to miss.
Get A Sneak Peak at NGPF’s One-Semester Course; Register for our April 25th Webinar
We hear it all the time — “Your website has SO many great resources, I don’t know where to start.” Or, “There’s no way I could teach all of your units in my one-semester course; how do I choose?” We’ve heard your requests and are excited to launch our One-Semester Course! Join us on Tuesday, April 25, as we unveil this new Course Map. Register today!
Attend this webinar and you WILL:
(1) Be one of the first to see the scope and sequence as well as units and individual lessons for NGPF’s latest creation — a curated course meant to be taught in one semester’s time.
(2) Receive customized support in making this course a reality at your school for the next school year.
(3) Be able to ask questions and have them answered immediately.
(4) Receive a certificate for one hour of professional development credit.
NGPF Has Contests Too!
- Planning to teach personal finance in the upcoming school year? Looking for an amazing professional development opportunity? Next Gen Personal Finance is awarding 25 scholarships, worth $425 each, for classroom teachers to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference in Washington, D.C. on November 3-5, 2017!
APPLY TODAY! Applications due by Friday, April 14.
- Are you an educator who loves creating engaging, original resources for your class? Keep an eye out for NGPF’s Teacher Innovator Contest being launched Thursday, April 6 with cash prizes available!
NGPF is Hitting The Road
Next Gen Personal Finance actively supports the financial literacy community through workshops, conference sponsorships and teacher professional development events. Here’s where we’ll be in April 2017 – Please stop by and say hello if you are at any of our upcoming events!
- April 5: Jump$tart State Coalition Leaders’ Meeting (Washington, DC)
April 7: Massachusetts Business Educators Association (Natick, MA)
April 12: 2017 VISA Financial Literacy Summit (Chicago, IL)
April 28: Fostering Financial Education in Maine Schools Conference (Augusta, ME)
A Month Worth of FinLit Resources
Additionally, to celebrate Financial Literacy Month, we’ve put together a calendar of financial literacy resources designed to increase student understanding and skills across four themes. These resources can be used sequentially, or you can pick and choose to suit the needs of your students.