I came across a few 1-2 minute videos created by high school students to explain the benefits of budgeting as part of the LifeSmarts 2015 Competition:
- Jamestown High School (North Dakota): Unexpected Virtue of Budgeting
- Henrico 4-H (Virginia): Don’t Let Your Budget Go to the Dogs
- West Chicago (Illinois): What Happens When You Don’t Budget Properly
- Alabama: Budget Man!
1. Which video do you think does the best job of explaining budgeting? What are the key points that it makes?
2. If you had an extra class period and have already covered budgeting, it might be fun to have students create a one minute video to convince their peers of the need to budget.