Apply to Summer Institute 2017
This past June, NGPF hosted its Inaugural Summer Institute, 2.5 days of professional development at our Palo Alto, CA office. After a competitive application process, 12 teachers from around the country were selected, and we intend to do the same this year. Here’s what you can expect from next year’s Summer Institute:
- All expenses paid, including transportation, hotel accommodations, all meals, and a few fun events around town
- Meaningful, relevant workshops from NGPF staff as well as a special guest presenter
- An opportunity to network with eleven other passionate, dedicated, innovative personal finance teachers from around the country
- A school-year commitment of serving as an NGPF Fellow, sharing your expertise with our nationwide community
- A lot of hard work and a lot of fun!
We’re still in the planning phases for next year’s Institute, so check back often for more application details. Or, better yet, sign up below for Early Bird Info on Summer Institute 2017:
Details from Last Summer
I had the pleasure of talking to educator Laura Falk recently on the NGPF podcast. Laura participated this summer in the inaugural NGPF Summer Institute and we met up again at the recent Jump$tart National Educator Conference. Laura has this infectious energy and passion for her work at Fairbanks High School in Milford Center, Ohio. In the podcast, Laura shares how she develops career readiness skills in her students through job shadowing, career exploration and a project-based learning method. She provides awesome examples of the power of developing partnerships in the local business community that go far beyond bringing guest speakers into the classroom. You will walk away with great ideas to bolster your career unit. Enjoy!
Maureen’s been all over the news lately, this time featured in an article in her local newspaper, the Beacon Times, in Toms River, NJ. Reporter Julie Bonetti did an awesome write-up of Maureen’s time at our Inaugural Summer Institute.
In late June we hosted our very first Summer Institute for 2.5 days of professional development, networking, and fun in Palo Alto.
- “This has been the best PD in the 20 plus years of my teaching career. Nothing else comes even close.”
- “Thank you so much for this great opportunity. I always try to be a better teacher for my students and I am taking away so many ideas, concepts, resources and contacts, I know I will be much better next year.”
Next Gen Personal Finance is pleased to announce its inaugural class of NGPF Summer Institute Fellows. The NGPF Summer Institute will be held from June 27-29th in Palo Alto, California. The Institute brings a passionate group of educators together to create a professional learning community that collaborates, shares resources and develops innovative and engaging projects over the course of the 2 1/2 day program.
We expanded the Fellows class from 6 to 12 based on the quantity and quality of applications that we received. To accommodate the overwhelming interest of teachers seeking professional development opportunities, we also plan to hold one day workshops throughout the US later this fall. Please contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in organizing a group of 10-15 passionate educators in your area.
We are extremely pleased to announce The Inaugural NGPF Summer Institute Fellows: