Have your students watch this video from Globe and Mail and use it as a way to kick-off a classroom discussion:
Questions for your students:
- What are the two key assumptions he makes before giving his advice? Why are they important to his strategy?
- Do you agree with his recommendation?
- What does he mean by equities?
- Why does investing consistently help to moderate the swings in the market?
- Do you think this strategy of monthly investing is a good idea?
Want this resource and questions in slide format to use in class? Click here!
Be sure to check out this NGPF Investing Activity: Dollar Cost Averaging in Action (using Excel)