Thank you to Dottie Vollmer, a Peer Financial Educator, for sharing her expertise with our educator community in this recent podcast. Dottie counsels college students as a member of the MoneySmarts team at Indiana University.
In this podcast, she shares what she has learned in her work with college students on budgeting, student loans and credit cards and answers such questions as:
- What are the biggest misconceptions about money that college students have?
- What budget items do college students have the most difficulty cutting?
- What do you know now that you wish you knew in high school?
- Dottie is volunteer at Indiana University MoneySmarts program
- Budget Calculator resource provided on MoneySmarts website
- Indiana University letter to students regarding student debt levels which has reduced student loans (wish all colleges implemented this!)
Want to view more NGPF Podcasts? Visit our Podcasts page.