It’s Tuesday, so time for another NGPF Podcast.
Thanks to Robbin Lussier, business teacher from Chicopee High School in Chicopee, MA for participating in this podcast. In this wide-ranging interview, Robbin’s enthusiasm for personal finance shines through with her words and actions. She advocates for a dedicated personal finance course at her school…and gets it. She searches for a solution to her professional development needs…and drives long distances to participate in it. She yearns for a curriculum that is practical and leverages technology in her classroom…and finds and implements it.
Listen to this podcast to hear Robbin’s answer to questions, including:
- In putting your course together, what topics did you consider including?
- What have you learned in the few months that you have been teaching a dedicated course?
- What do you consider effective professional development?
- What financial concepts do students seem most unfamiliar with?
- What strategies do you utilize to involve parents?
- Next Gen Personal Finance’s Paying for College lesson and activities
- Next Gen Personal Finance’s Activity: Making A Public Service Announcement
- Learning Economics and Finance Network (LEAF): organization in Massachusetts supporting teacher professional development with programs and workshops