Here are some of the other criteria for filing the 1040 EZ (from Bankrate article)
1) Your filing status is single or married filing jointly.
2) You’re younger than 65. Your spouse also must meet the age requirements if you file a joint return. If you or your spouse’s 65th birthday is Jan. 1, then for filing purposes you are considered to have turned 65 last year and therefore cannot file this form.
3) You (or your spouse if filing jointly) were not legally blind during the last tax year.
4) You have no dependents.
5) Your interest income is less than $1,500.
6) Your income, or combined incomes for joint filers, is less than $100,000.
Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/picking-the-proper-1040-tax-return-form-1.aspx#ixzz3zot9o7QN